Add Guardian Contact Information One-By-One
To notify guardians when an alert is generated for their student, they will first need to be added within Org Management by your Super User. Any contact information updates requested by a user within Beacon will also need to be approved by a Super User.
Add a Guardian
- As a Super User, log into manage.goguardian.com.
- Navigate to the Guardians tab.
- Click Add Guardian.
- Input the guardian's full name and email address.
- (Optional) Set a phone number, depending on the guardian's preferences
- (Optional) Enable access to the Parent App.
- (Optional) Add Notes.
Add a Relationship to a Guardian:
To Add a Relationship to a Guardian:
- As a Super User, log into manage.goguardian.com
- Navigate to the Guardians tab
- Click the "+" to the left of the guardian's name, then click Add Relationship
- Begin typing the student's name or email address, then select it from the drop-down menu. Once selected, the student's name, email address, and the OU they belong to will appear.
- Input a Relationship to the Student. To accommodate the many different types of families, Super Users can input any relationship necessary, i.e., Father, Mother, Step-Father, Guardian, Sister, etc.
- Click Save
Note: Guardian contact information will show on a Beacon alert card generated for their student.