In the event that a student joins a classroom session in a "Browsing Disabled" state, the student's device can be quickly unlocked by any teacher in a classroom session in one of two ways.
From the options menu in the Student's screen tile
- Start a classroom session with the locked student
- Ensure that the student is connected to the classroom session
- Once their screen is visible, click on the options button next to their Scene Status
- Click Unlock student's device
Using the Unlock Screen command
Another way to unlock the student's device when they are connected to your session and their screen is locked is to use Unlock Screen command:
- Click on the checkbox to the right of their name no their screen tile, which will bring up the Commands toolbar
- Click on the Unlock Screen command from the Commands toolbar
If the student's device does not unlock after 30 seconds, reboot the student's device, wait for the student to connect to the session, then issue the unlock command again.
If your student's screen does not say "browsing disabled," they may be blocked by another source. Please see GoGuardian Block Pages for more information.